Eyes on the Shore: The Secret to Surviving Life's Rip Tides



Tonight during my work out, I felt the Lord saying there are many out there currently caught in rip tides. Rip tides of fear. Rip tides of anxiety. Rip tides of ungodly belief. Rip tides of soul/spirit hurts. Rip tides of shame. Rip tides of discouragement. 


You get the picture.

He then said, 'Cameron, how do you get out of a rip tide?'

I answered, 'You just wait it out, right?'

'That's one way. What's the other?'

I paused. Then it hit me: the best way to survive a rip tide is to swim parallel to the shore.

So I pressed in some more: 'Lord, what's your point?'

He then said my point is I've given you a way out when the waves of strife seek to wipe out my waves of life. For my shore is truth...my shore is the Word...my shore is my unchanging, constant will.

All you gotta to do let my shore be your anchor, my shore be your horizon, my shore be your perspective...and then swim alongside it.

No need to react. No need to respond. Just keep track with the shore 'til you're out of the tide. For tides constantly come and go, but my shore will always be there.

Whoever you are, you got this.


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.

Comments