Year in Review: A Look Back at 2015

As 2015 comes to a close, Lyssah & I sit down and reflect on the year that was...

When you think back on 2015, what immediately comes to mind?


CF: Honestly, I’d have to say the view from our Amicalola Falls State Park lodge luncheon (see 1:22 in our 'Year in Review' video below). The way I see it...that breathtaking visual really captures our journey through 2015. 'Cause though there were many ups and downs and plenty of action going on...there was still much to behold.

LF: I agree. There was lots of BIG change. 2015 has really felt like a runway preparing us for a new season we can't even begin to fathom.


What were some of the highlights/defining moments?


CF: Without question, the highlight of the year for me was the pregnancy reveal at Logan’s. I mean…you can’t top that. As far as “runner ups” go, I’d say the Dave Ramsey Christmas party, our icy February adventures, the Messenger Fellowship ordination ceremony, the day we found Selah, our gender reveal, both Georgia trips, helping lead LEGACYouth into a new level of ministry...and watching certain family members leave the past behind/step into a better place in life. So even though we didn’t get away as much this year, there were still many highlights/defining moments to go around.

LF: Yeah, our "family growing" was an obvious highlight...from adopting little Selah to building baby. The funny thing is...I didn't expect them to happen so close to each other, but nevertheless it has been wonderful. Being given a car...that was incredible. So much this year has just shouted out God's faithfulness in huge ways. Losing my grandfather was also a defining moment.


How would you compare the third year of marriage to the first two?


CF: Despite a more amplified year, I'd say our junior camp again of marriage was [far and away] the best yet. We know each other more intimately. We're more demonstrative in our appreciation for each other. Plus, we're more confident and secure in who we are as individuals and as a couple. No doubt, God tightened up our relationship and illuminated our unity along the way.

LF: Wow! Has it been three years already? I think this year has been full of greater synergy and working together. Year one was about two individuals becoming one. Year two was about figuring out dreams and visions and shared goals. Year three has really been about starting to work towards those things together. Cam has had to carry a lot of that while I've been baking a baby, but it has still been awesome to build towards those goals and dreams together.


What lesson from 2015 are you eager to apply in 2016?


CF: For me, seeing the connection between Jehovah-Sabaoth (God our protector) and Jehovah-Jireh (God our provider...who knows what we need exactly when we need it) has been an incredible experience this year. 


Looking back, there were a couple close calls/near-opportunities where we could have transitioned into [our idea of] a better place, but thankfully, the Lord protected us and kept us from getting ahead of His plan; however, there were also times when God totally blew us away with an unexpected (and very timely) gift (*Cough, new van, cough*).

So I'd have to say: watching God's providence work in both the open and closed-door moments of life has been a highlight this year.

LF: God is faithful. He is enough. I don't need to wait until it's the last option to remember that.

My circumstances are not bigger than my God. If I am going through it, it is subject to Him and the more I press in to him during the circumstance, the more profitable it will be going through it.

I am stronger than I think and I don't need to have that validated by anyone other than my God. He has written and wired me for the things I encounter, whether or not others see it right away.

It's better to try and miss than fear and never try.

What do you hope you’ll be saying at this time next year?


CF: "Lyssah, we're home."..."Happy Birthday, CJ!"..."Say, 'Daddy', CJ!"...


Seriously, the possibilities are endless.

Oh...and it'd be awesome for 2016 to be the year we finally do our debt-free scream. Eh, Lyssah?

LF: "We're debt free!" (Probably not this time next year, but I can certainly hope).

Also..."Have you read my husband's book?" or "I have a book deal!" 

Better yet..."What a peaceful first Christmas for baby." 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015 - By the Numbers

7 – Pounds lost
450.63 – Miles run
375.76 – Miles walked during work hours
Estimated miles driven: 18, 457 
Deep Fry blog posts: 41
His Girl Fryday blog posts: 24
Snowchased Snow Amounts: 18.2"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.

Comments

Popular Posts