Preview: Today's Word is brought to you by...
2) Where God is leading us as a group this summer...
- A proclamation of God as Lord and Savior (7 words)
- The legal proof of God's trustworthiness (6 words)
- A visible reminder of God's supremacy (6 words)
- God's story in your story (5 words)
- A revelation of God (4 words)
- Who God is (3 words)
- God did (2 words)
- Jesus (1 word)
- *love* (no words)
1) How you came to know Jesus... (Past testimony)
2) How you're growing in Jesus... (Evolving testimony)
"My mouth will tell of your righteous acts, of your deeds of salvation all the day, for their number is past my knowledge. With the mighty deeds of the Lord God I will come; I will remind them of your righteousness, yours alone. O God, from my youth you have taught me, and I still proclaim your wondrous deeds. So even to old age and gray hairs, O God, do not forsake me, until I proclaim your might to another generation, your power to all those to come." ~ Psalm 71:15-18
"And they have conquered him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, for they loved not their lives even unto death." ~ Revelation 12:11
"But in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect..." ~ 1 Peter 3:15
3) A specific instance in which God moved in and through you... (A testimony)
4) How much God has done for you... (Evolving testimony)
“Return to your home, and declare how much God has done for you.” And he went away, proclaiming throughout the whole city how much Jesus had done for him." ~Luke 8:39
5) How God is tying our stories together... (Evolving testimony)
Note: "Testimony" is not an individualistic term, but it's a unity term (just like the Bible is composed of 66 chapters housed together to tell one whole story)
CONCLUSION: If our lives are going to truly speak, we must be willing to voice God's Word in our hearts...using words if necessary...yet recognizing often times, words are necessary. Thus, it's important we make an intentional effort in developing this spiritual call. 'Cause at the end of the day, God gives everyone multiple outlets and many opportunities to reflect His love...His truth...His wondrous deed. He's always faithful to show us how we're to invest our time and seed (see #OneEpicSummer). The question is: Do you want to be ready?
Photo creds: peacefulpromises.files.wordpress.com
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.