LEGACYouth: The Recipe of Faith



This summer, as some of you know, we've been talking about fullness through the lens of unity; however, I believe not only should we be capturing this in the question, ‘Lord, How do you want to fill me’, we need to be asking, ‘Lord, are you able to fill me? Am I allowing you to fill me? If not, what needs to be activated…what needs to be stirred up in me before you can fill me?’ 

You see…before we have a container that can receive what God wants to fill us with, we need to have a container that can hold what God wants to fill us with. And after processing this conviction, I submit God wants to do some patch-work in our hearts this summer where our faith is activated to the next level.

But Cam, ‘How do I activate my faith?

By trusting God. By not only by saying "I believe", but “I do” and “I will”. God wants us to trust him like Peter did when God asked him to walk on the water. Have enough faith to know he won't let you drown. 

The Bible states in Deuteronomy 31:8: “The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.” And Jesus Himself said in John 14:1, "Don't let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God and trust in me”.

Thus, if anyone is hungry for Christ, know the recipe of faith:

  • Trust in Christ…that he is who he says he is.
  • Be strong and courageous.
  • Hear the message through the Word about Christ (Romans 10:17) than do the message in the Word through Christ.
  • Pray in all things…no matter where you are, no matter what you are facing.
  • Pray for wisdom regarding your situations.
  • And when all else fails, trust God is with you and by faith, be confident that he will see you through.
Remember God is an expert on humans1. He created us so it makes perfect sense to have faith that He knows what is best for us in every situation. 

For some of you, God is saying. ‘Where are your enemies? Where are you accusers? Where are your mountains? Where are your roadblocks? Where are your hurdles? If they aren’t there, why aren’t you letting me go before you to fulfill what I said I would? If they are there, why are you taking matter into your own hands?

As I said in Exodus 23:29-30, I will not drive them out [all at once] because the [burdens] would become too numerous for you. Little by little I will drive them out before you until you have increased enough to take possession of [what I’ve called you to have].”’

Like the Israelites in the wilderness, it’s easy for us to think we can’t get to where we’ve been called to…that the challenges and temptations of life are too great…that we don’t have what it takes to make it through.

But I believe God wants to remind us that He’s not only a God who is enough, but a God who keeps his promises…who is faithful to lead us across the rushing waters yet is just as faithful to fix our faith containers we can hold that which He desires to pour out…whether a deluge of deep encounter or that little by little trickle of ‘you got this’.

Bottom line: You can’t hold the holy when what you have to hold is whole-ly. After all, we weren’t meant to tolerate our brokenness. We were made to surrender it. To say, ‘Here I am Lord. I can’t do it. I can’t make it. I can’t fix it. But I know I will do it. I know I will make it. I know I will see transformation in my brokenness because you are able…and you are for me.

It’s true…I may be a man of little faith, but at least I have a starting point you can use because I trust whole-heartedly in those two things. Yes and amen!


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




Footnotes

1. http://pastorrick.com/devotional/english/let-god-s-word-activate-your-faith_240

Photo cred: Amazon.com

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.

Comments

Popular Posts