And!?!


In recent days, I've felt fairly overwhelmed with anxiety and stress. In a nutshell, I just wanna be married already (#sixweeksleft) and know where Lyssah and I will be living post-honeymoon. I'm sure many of us have been there before in one form or another.

But during this time, I've also been thinking about the Coke Zero 'And' commercials and how spiritual twists can be derived from secular advertising.  And the more I've connected effective marketing strategy to personal application, the more I've been able to gather important revelations from them.

For instance, last week, I'm talking to God in my quiet time...doin' the whole Philippians 4:6-7 and James 4:2 thing...and then, out of nowhere,  the following dialogue breaks out...

"God, I'm worried about this not working out."

God says, "And!?!"

Then I say, "I'm also nervous about not experiencing immediate breakthrough in this area of my life."

God, again, says, "And!?!"

"But God, this other dream of mine...it could have happened sooner...oh, and on a side note, if only I had been more mature in my early 20's...people would like me better".

God, in tender yet firm grace, ushers out one last "AND!?!"

And finally, I cave into the magnificence of proclaiming Proverbs 19:21-23 (ESV):

"Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the Lord that will stand. The fear of the Lord leads to life, and whoever has it rests satisfied; he will not be visited by harm."

Way to play the trump card, God. Even when life is 33 degrees with a cold rain, your truth is refreshing like a spring breeze.

And...that's a wrap. :)

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.

Comments

Johndsweet said…
Coke Zero: Why is it the that people of faith like mixture over ME why!?! Why can't they see ME though their Laodicean ways! They think that grace is going to save them from being Luke Warm which leads to a slow death! WHY? When I have left this in MY Word if they read it in contexts it make this so clear about and what will happen on the day of judgment for the lack of MY foundational instructions and their abilities and walk in them, WHY!?! COKE To those who walk in the all MY instructions given to you by the Groom Yeshua! Yeshua will one day soon will be able to give HIS name of Salvation to HIS people the Bribe to be theirs on the wedding day. Take the vow of the covenant in Yeshua seriously my friends... This is the age of Engagement, time to walk in HIS instruction which comes first before the wedding. Then after when the vows happen before the FATHER! Only then the new restored covenant will happen not before that....Words in Context from the beginning Yeshua your Groom to be...Walk in my Yeshua's engagement....The 2nd Sinai is at hand...

Popular Posts